Sunday 4 January 2015

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time.

January 2015

Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say.


I have - lots more to say before a lifetime slips by ... Its a relative thing I know, but the years are definitely shorter to me than they used to be. I passed another birthday and my grandson (Noah) was born. its like standing on the pavement staring at the TV sets in the shop window without being in there. I want to be the swashbuckling adventurous star of my own series. I want to get going.. 

So plans...

Carnet application is going in the post this week.. With further investigations I only need it for Australia. I will value the bike at £1000 and see what happens, in the end its not far off the actual value. 


Visa applications : - ongoing and I will get those moving in the next week as well. I plan to get Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Russian visa's before traveling, which does to a certain extent tie me down to a couple of fairly specific dates but that can't be helped .
One issue is that I now have to provide biometrics for the Russian application which will require a personal visit to the application office in London. 

I will take the ship from Baku in Azerbaijan to Aktau in Kazakhstan across the Caspian Sea and I have found that the first European Games will happen in Baku just before I arrive. 
I wonder if the famed ex soviet shipping will improve? 

So things are moving .. the clock is ticking ...

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Mark, we chatted briefly on the Hubb as we are doing a similar journey. You sound as if you are ahead of us with the visa sorting, well done! We are now probably going to drive through China to get to SEA but not completely sorted yet. We should be crossing the stans round about the same time as you so we should keep in touch and maybe meet up along route drop me an email if you are interested suzanne@curranclan.co.uk
Cheers Suzanne (Overlandlass)